Since 1986, Birchwood Properties, LLC, and its principals have owned, invested, and managed multifamily and mixed-use properties in and around the New York City area. Private real estate investors and managers Robert E. and Karen Spitalnick are partners with the New York-based company. Both have worked in the property management industry for more than three decades, and they made their fist combined acquisition of a 33-unit property at 404-410 61st Street in Brooklyn in 1986, thus beginning Birchwood Properties, LLC.
As of April 2016, Birchwood Properties, LLC, and its employees manage a variety of properties, such as:
* 30 residential units and two retail spaces located at 114-16 East 1st Street, and owned by East Village Owners, LLC.
* 28 residential units and two retail spaces located at 208-10 East 7th Street, also owned by East Village Owners, LLC.
* 17 residential units owned by 344-46 Management, LLC, located at 344-46 East 78th Street.
* 20 residential units and three retail spaces located at 636 Hudson Street aka 50 Horatio Street, owned by 50 Horatio LLC.
* 70 residential units located at 2470 West 1st Street, Brooklyn, New York owned by Gidina Partners, LLC
* An office building located at 8622 Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, New York, owned by Stony Run Equities, LLC
To help remain compliant, Birchwood Properties, LLC, maintains membership with several professional organizations, including the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) and the Rent Stabilization Association of NYC, Inc.